Ive been playing Doctor Who Legacy the Game , on Android, Kindle and Apple since before Christmas,More or less when it was first release and have found my self addicted (in a good way) to it.
At its heart its a Simple Match the Gems themed game with a Nice Dr Who skin. Now theres some story there but i find that more distracting and am pleased to note the ability to turn of is coming soon, but the reason for this Blog is they just released a whole load of updates, more levels and a 'Perks' system that allows you to customise your team. This adds a whole extra level of complexity to the Game, which in my eyes is a good thing.
However theres not much info out there yet on the perks and while playing one of the Expert levels recently i was able to gather a couple of pieces of what i think is useful information i wanted to share with any other players Interested.
1) If youve bought the premium S-perk Heal Enhance, and select Heal 10% when a ally uses the power, then combining this with a Rank 4 Punishment Medic gives you 10% heal every two turns(making her one of the best healing characters available with a high hit point team. But as this works with all allies, choosing a few other low turn around powers such as colour change can mean that you easily have a heal of 100% in about 8-9 rounds. without ever needing the pink gems.
2) This one is more complex and i hope to get Clarification from Tiny Rebel on this. But the Weakness Enhance needs to be used with CARE against enemies that have a Resistance to damage(ie ones that ignore the first X amount of damage done)
The Reason for this is my experience of the One Shot Expert Level. I noticed that my Level 4 11th Doctors Rank two power of 10000 damage was only doing 500 points to the Red Toclafane. Now this was Really worrying as it seemed to be soaking up an awful lot of my Attack.
But with some experimenting i realised it was the Weakness Enhance that was the problem.
Looking at the Right BLUE Toclafane first
The Doctors 1st Tier attack did =2k Damage , and the 2nd tier= 7k damage . So the Resistance for that Toclafane must be 3k
For the Left Green Toclafane its slightly trickier, as its
Doctors Attack/2 (ad its Blue vs Green) so Tier 1 only did 500, and tier 2= did 3k Damage
so that 5k/2 -X =500 and 10k/2 -X - 3k So X(resistance) is 2K
But as i said i originally had the Weakness Enhance on and it says Blue to Green is -25% damage
So trying it out again i could see 1st tier was 1 damage and 2nd tier =500 damage and this is where i think things look odd.
it would appear that its for 2nd tier 10K/2 -2k - (10k / 4) = 500
So the Colour enhance down side is that it takes a Quarter of the FULL amount off after the Resistance happens,
This also explains why it took me 40 minutes to kill just this one Toclafane. As i needed over 8K damage from any one charactrer to do anything other than 1point
as its 8K /2 - 2k - (8k/4) =0
Given that all of my Blue character had attacks of 804-1111 I needed nearly EIGHT times multipliers to even start to touch it. Man im totally surpirsed i did any DAMAGE at all.
3) From the Sums above its Clear that Perk 1 Attacks +5% and Colour Enhance =5% dont apply to doctors Power.
4) And just cause i wasnt Clear on what colour Knowlege perk was for a while, it Ignores 25% of the Resistance to damage of what ever colour is chosen.
5) Bombs and Poison Attack Directly and do not get influenced by Resistance. This means in the One Shot Level the 6ths Doctors Poison is particularly effective.(wish id known that before i did the level) and in the "A very Sontaran Christmas" A bomb will kill the toclafane instantly as thought its got a HIGH resistance it only has 25 hit points. So even a 1st level Bomber could kill it.